FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS + USEFUL LINKS
WHAT ARE THE OPTIONS OF TRANSPORT IN CHOMUTOV?
- BUS: there is bus station right in front of SD Arena - bus 303 going every hour from/to the city for 17,- Kč (coins or credit card)
- TAXI: You can reach most of the places in Chomutov by taxi for pretty low prices - from 4-10 euro per ride
- WALK: Chomutov is small city - it is aprox 10-15 minutes from the centre to the hall - take it as a warm up ;-) PS: Especially if you like walking up to the hill :-D
HOW TO PAY IN THE HALL OR IN THE CITY?
- 1 euro = aprox 26,- Kč (czech crown - koruna)
- Both euro and czech crowns will be accepted everywhere in the hall!
- You can pay by credit card mostly everywhere in the city! They also accept euro in bigger shops, but expect the czech crowns back.
- Do not exchange your money on the airport - too expensive! There is exchange point right in the centre of Chomutov (main square - Namesti 1.Maje) with no comission or choose one of many banks in the centre
- the nearest ATM - in supermarket 5 minutes from SD Arena
WHAT IS THE WEATHER LIKE IN CHOMUTOV?
- It is June guys - pretty hot temperature! No warm clothes needed! ;-)
- Try to avoid direct sun and watch out for appropriate hydration!!! We may have no sea or beach here but after 30 minutes outside the hall on the direct sun - you gonna feel it ;-)
HOW TO SPEND FREE TIME IN CHOMUTOV?
- AQUAPARK - there is "Aquasvet" right next to SD Arena - bring your swim suits!!!
- NATURAL LAKE - "Kamencove jezero" less then 10 minutes from SD Arena - enjoy the antibacterial water!
- CINEMA - in front of SD Arena! Open every day!
- ZOOPARK - 10 minutes by walk from SD Arena - beautiful nature park with many kinds of animals in their nature environment! Safari ride abailable!
- CITY TOWER - enjoy the view on the city right on the main square! Stairs included! ;-)
- CASTLE CERVENY HRADEK - historical place in Jirkov - 15 minutes by car from SD Arena
- SHOPPING - hardcore shoppaholics has to go to Prague ;-) Big shopping centre is also in Most! Right in the centre of Chomutov - 2 smaller shopping centres and some small shops around the main square
WHERE TO EAT?
- there will be large number of food stands in the hall!!! From fruit freshes, pasta and salad bars, hot meals, to outside grill! Everything you need without leaving the hall for friendly prices!
- Big supermarket is 5 minutes from the hall open till 10 PM
- Many restaurants and coffee places right in the centre of Chomutov - just walk around ;-)
HOW TO SPEAK IN CZECH REPUBLIC?
- Not everybody here speaks english, especially older generation - be patient!
- Try also russian or german languages - you will be surprised ;-)
- Do you want to score some extra points? Use "DOBRY DEN" (hello), "DIKY" (thank you), "PROSIM" (please) or one of the most popular here "PIVO" (beer) ;-)
- If necessary - use your hands, expression and google translator (free wifi almost everywhere) :-) Czech people are very friendly and they are known for great sense of humor - you can ask them everything you want! ;-)
WHAT TO DO IN CASE OF EMERGENCY?
- professional team of medicals will be ready to help you in the hall nonstop!
- Nearest Pharmacy shop - in supermarket 5 minutes from SD Arena
- Hospital - Kochova 1185, 430 12 Chomutov
- Ambulance - call 155
- Police - call 158
- Any kind of troubles in the hall - ask the organizers - we will do our best to help you!!!
Jane Stills, SXO Marketing